1. allow sb. to do sth. 允许某人做某事 2. allow doing sth. 允许做某事
3. driver’s license 驾驶执照 4. No way. 不行；不可能。
5. have part-time jobs 有兼职工作 6. get their ears pierced 让他们穿耳洞
7. serious enough 足够严肃 8. cut one’s hair 理发
9. be excited about （doing sth.） 对……感到兴奋
10. stay by my side 待在我身边；陪伴我
11. make sure 确保
12. keep... from 阻止
13. keep away... from避免接近；远离 14. give sb. a hug 给某人一个拥抱
15. lift... up 把……举起来 16. talk back 回嘴；顶嘴
17. regret to do sth. 很遗憾/抱歉要做某事（事情还没有做）
18. regret doing sth. 很后悔/抱歉做了某事（事情已经做过了）
19. encourage sb. to do sth. 鼓励某人做某事 20. make one’s own decision 做自己的决定
21. continue to do sth. 继续做另一件事情（已经完成一件工作）
22. continue doing sth. 继续做同一件事（还没完成）
23. manage to do sth. 设法做某事
24. be strict with sb. 对某人要求严格
25. get in the way of 挡……的路；妨碍 26. achieve one’s dreams 实现某人的梦想
27. be serious about 对……认真、严肃 28. practice doing sth. 练习做……
29. care about 关心
30. have nothing against doing sth. 没有理由反对做某事
1. Sixteen-year-olds should be allowed to get their ears pierced.
2. He should stop wearing that silly earring. 他应该停止带那种傻耳环。
3. I’m really excited about seeing the famous paintings by Picasso.
4. When I was a tiny baby crying all night， my mom sang to me and stayed by my side. 当我是个小宝宝整夜哭闹的时候，妈妈陪伴在我身旁，给我唱歌。
5. When I was two running through the field， she made sure I was safe and kept me from danger.
6. I regret talking back， not listening to Mom. 我后悔和妈妈顶嘴，后悔没有听妈妈的话。
7. Do you think teenagers should be encouraged to make their own decisions？
8. This way， when they start working they can manage their own lives.
9. ...so he needs to think about what will happen if he doesn’t end up as a professional runner？
10. Only then will I have a chance to achieve my dream.